How to make Card title dynamic

Hi All,

I want to make my card title dynamic. I have last two year of data month-wise for which i want to make my cards title dynamic respective to the quick filter selection (already put years and months on quick filter).

For example : if some one choose 'Dec' in month and '2018' in the year in the card title same should reflect.

Is any way out to implimate this. Kindly help if anyone has any idea on it.

Regards 

Priya 

Best Answers

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓

It's true that the titles are plain text, but you can do some really cool stuff with the summary numbers.  it can take some cajoling, so I am providing a sample that I have verified works.  

Friends and I have found that tect must be concatenated for it to work, even if only one value is present in the concatenation.  I think it also needs to be part of a case statement.  Basically, the beast mode you create will show up as an option as a summary number if it is set up right.  

(CASE when
    min(`Event_Time`) = max(`Event_Time`)
    then DATE_FORMAT(MAX(`Event_Time`),'%b %Y')
    else concat('Invalid selection, please select only one month at a time')
    end)

Summary Number Beast Mode.png

You can also use colors!

***Note - The color will not render until you save and close.  

Summary Number Beast Mode - Color.png

(CASE when
    else concat('<div style="color:#FF0000"<p>','Invalid selection, please select only one month at a time','</div>')
    end)

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • user18811
    user18811 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi DataMaven,

Thank you for sharing this code. I can use it in my Dashboard.

Regards

Priya Raj

@DataMaven wrote:

Hello @user18811 - Did my response meet your needs?  I am close to my next badge for solutions, and would love to earn it before Domopalooza!  Thanks!

Answers

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor

I do not believe this capability exists in Domo, it would show in the date section when interacting with the card and you could make a calculated field to make sure it shows somewhere in the data, but not the title.

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓

It's true that the titles are plain text, but you can do some really cool stuff with the summary numbers.  it can take some cajoling, so I am providing a sample that I have verified works.  

Friends and I have found that tect must be concatenated for it to work, even if only one value is present in the concatenation.  I think it also needs to be part of a case statement.  Basically, the beast mode you create will show up as an option as a summary number if it is set up right.  

(CASE when
    else concat('Invalid selection, please select only one month at a time')
    end)

Summary Number Beast Mode.png

You can also use colors!

***Note - The color will not render until you save and close.  

Summary Number Beast Mode - Color.png

(CASE when
    else concat('<div style="color:#FF0000"<p>','Invalid selection, please select only one month at a time','</div>')
    end)

DataMaven
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hello @user18811 - Did my response meet your needs?  I am close to my next badge for solutions, and would love to earn it before Domopalooza!  Thanks!

DataMaven
  • user18811
    user18811 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi DataMaven,

Thank you for sharing this code. I can use it in my Dashboard.

Regards

Priya Raj

@DataMaven wrote:

Hello @user18811 - Did my response meet your needs?  I am close to my next badge for solutions, and would love to earn it before Domopalooza!  Thanks!

• So glad I could help, Priya!  (Is this Priya from GOSC?)

DataMaven
This discussion has been closed.