Is possible create table report displaying rows as master-detail?

Hi! 

I have two datasets with data enough to show rows as master-detail like an invoice with master line and details of each main row. Is possible to do that using DOMO tables?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Unknown
    Answer ✓

Hi, @Adrian_Car,

I'm thinking of this like invoice line item data, so I'll use that terminology as we discuss.

Have you tried a Sumo card? It has pivot table functionality that would allow you to show invoice line-item amounts and then roll those up to an invoice subtotal. Check out this documentation here: https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/Sumo_Cards/01Adding_a_Sumo_Card

Alternatively, I can imagine a data process that would output a dataset in exactly the form you need with one row containing the invoice-level data and the following n number of rows containing the line-level data. That output dataset would need to include a column with sorting values such that you could sort on the column in the card to put the rows in the correct order. You could then build a table card on that new dataset and sort by your sorting column. You could even apply color rules to format the invoice-level row differently than the line-level rows.

Answers

• Unknown
    Answer ✓

Hi, @Adrian_Car,

I'm thinking of this like invoice line item data, so I'll use that terminology as we discuss.

Have you tried a Sumo card? It has pivot table functionality that would allow you to show invoice line-item amounts and then roll those up to an invoice subtotal. Check out this documentation here: https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/Sumo_Cards/01Adding_a_Sumo_Card

Alternatively, I can imagine a data process that would output a dataset in exactly the form you need with one row containing the invoice-level data and the following n number of rows containing the line-level data. That output dataset would need to include a column with sorting values such that you could sort on the column in the card to put the rows in the correct order. You could then build a table card on that new dataset and sort by your sorting column. You could even apply color rules to format the invoice-level row differently than the line-level rows.

• @DanB Thank you so much for your help.

I didn't see Sumo/DOMO before but it works perfectly in my case. 

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.