Can an "Editor" user change/modify my dataflow if he/she has access to my dataset?

TerryL
TerryL Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

Also, a privacy setting exists to only allow the owner and administrators to edit the dataflow.  This is very helpful and is set on each individual dataflow.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• n8isjack-ret
    n8isjack-ret Domo Employee

Hi @TerryL, a user must have full access to all input datasets in order to have access to a dataflow. Access to the output datasets does not have any bearing on access to the dataflow.

Access to the dataflow will be automatically granted if the user has full access to all the inputs.

If PDP is applied to a dataset and the user does not have access via the "All Rows" group then it will not count as if the user has full access to the dataset and therefore will not grant access to the dataflows that use the dataset.

Former Domo employee you can find me in the Dojo Community here @n8isjack
  • AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

Also, a privacy setting exists to only allow the owner and administrators to edit the dataflow.  This is very helpful and is set on each individual dataflow.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you.