Appending a Column to a Webform

I have the following requirements:

• Given a Domo Web Form where users add Data to a Dataset.
  • I would like to pull the dataset, add an additional column and modify it based on the data.
  • Replace the webform.

Is this possible via the API (or otherwise)?

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

What's your use case?  Do you just want to make it easier for other users to update data and change columns easily for data that's used in Domo?

I think the API should be able to handle that.  

On the other hand, the Excel plugin can do the same: export datasets to Excel, edit data and schemas, and reupload to Domo.

You could probably do the same with a Google doc spreadsheet using the Domo Google Sheets connector, as long as that's compliant with your corporate policy.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

What's your use case?  Do you just want to make it easier for other users to update data and change columns easily for data that's used in Domo?

I think the API should be able to handle that.  

On the other hand, the Excel plugin can do the same: export datasets to Excel, edit data and schemas, and reupload to Domo.

You could probably do the same with a Google doc spreadsheet using the Domo Google Sheets connector, as long as that's compliant with your corporate policy.

Aaron

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks for the reply.

We have a use-case where the user inputs their own customer segmentation; thus the customer segmentation would therefore need to be appended to the other datasets.

The solutions you proposed are interesting, particularly with the Excel plugin. We'll try them out.

Thanks

• AS
    AS Coach

We have a few places in our instance where our sales and marketing department needs similar interaction. We gave them spreadsheets in a Windows folder that they're able to edit on their own, and we have Domo Workbench retrieving those files on a regular schedule.

In other cases, we have loaded spreadsheets using the Excel connector in Domo, and users just update and reload those whenever they need changes made.

We also have one or two Domo webforms that users can update whenever they need.

Now that I think about it, I should work on making that a more unified approach, but you can see that there are a variety of methods to accomplish what you're looking for.

Aaron

This discussion has been closed.