Hide card when value is null

Hello,

I have a filled gauge with a percentage of achievement regarding a target. Some days, this target is null and when it's happen, the card is not relevant. So my question is : is it possible to hide the card when the target is null ? 

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Answer

• Rich
    Rich Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a way to hide/show a card based on an event (such as summary number present or not). However, can you help explain in which circumstances a target value would not be present? 

Depending on your need, I'd think that perhaps a case statement beastmode could be used to provide preference to the target value when available or switch to a flat default value when the target is not present. This way there is always some value entered in the card and usually it will be the target value. 

Answers

• Can anyone help with this request?

Thanks,

• Rich
    Rich Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a way to hide/show a card based on an event (such as summary number present or not). However, can you help explain in which circumstances a target value would not be present? 

Depending on your need, I'd think that perhaps a case statement beastmode could be used to provide preference to the target value when available or switch to a flat default value when the target is not present. This way there is always some value entered in the card and usually it will be the target value. 

• Hi Rich,

Thank you for your response. In fact, it's a forecast target which is calculated in the mid of the year (sometimes it appears in may, june etc, it's not a precise date).

I've asked the question because in addition to DOMO we use Business Object (SAP) and it's possible to hide a chart when a given formula is true. I had a hope that it was also possible in DOMO but no problem, I think I will add the card by hand when the value will be calculated !

I thought to put a default value but in my case it's not possible.

So I can close the subject.

Thank you again for your response.

• Rich
    Rich Domo Employee

I think the idea of hiding a card based on a formula is a neat idea. Please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas. You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a new Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members by clicking the white arrow next to the idea.

Thanks,

Rich

This discussion has been closed.