Drill Down fails after adding filter to main card

I have a simple table table card, source is an ETL, summarized by Customer. The drill down is a different data source, customer daily sales activity which I turn into a line chart: X = Date, Y = amount. In this scenario, the drill down works fine. The problem starts when I add a filter to the main card, specifically numerical, i.e. Total Sales >= $500.00. Once I add the filter, the drill down won't return anything. No error messages, but no data. 

Anyone ever seen this? 

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I agree with @AS Aaron here.  You will need to have a total sales column in your drill down data set.  If you don't already have it, you can create it with the windowed function in the ETL (or with a MySQL Redshift data flow).  

Let us know if you need help creating the field.  Or if this isn't the issue, we will have to go back to the drawing board.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• Can you tell us if the sales column exists in the second dataset and if it has the same name as the first data set?  That's the first place I'd look.  

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I agree with @AS Aaron here.  You will need to have a total sales column in your drill down data set.  If you don't already have it, you can create it with the windowed function in the ETL (or with a MySQL Redshift data flow).  

Let us know if you need help creating the field.  Or if this isn't the issue, we will have to go back to the drawing board.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
This discussion has been closed.