How to address gaps in date ranges in visuals?

I have a few cards trying to show activity of sellers on a weekly basis for a rolling last 13 weeks by week. However as I drill down more and more granular (by region, by rep) I'm finding that rather than have weeks with 0 but a column placeholder showing, I get instead a skipping of that week entirely! This presents the idea that a rep has activity in each week from the past 13 weeks at first glance, rather than having some weeks with some activity and other weeks with no activity. How can I get the visuals to not skip weeks where no data exists? 

Best Answer

• PodiumMason
    PodiumMason Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hey D-Rab!

There are a couple potential solutions here. One of them rests within the "Value Scale (Y)" chart properties (I'm using the single bar chart as an example). There is a check box titled "Include Zero". Make sure this is checked on your visual.

However if there is no data at all (Column is null) another solution would be to create a beast mode that changes null values to zero. IFNULL(`Value Column`, 0). 

The combination of both of these should show the zero values on your visualization.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• PodiumMason
    PodiumMason Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hey D-Rab!

There are a couple potential solutions here. One of them rests within the "Value Scale (Y)" chart properties (I'm using the single bar chart as an example). There is a check box titled "Include Zero". Make sure this is checked on your visual.

However if there is no data at all (Column is null) another solution would be to create a beast mode that changes null values to zero. IFNULL(`Value Column`, 0). 

The combination of both of these should show the zero values on your visualization.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
This discussion has been closed.