Custom built connector: Why data cannot be sent to dataset?

I am new to custom connector.  Just built two, test runs on console looked good, but when I selected "create/update dataset", I ended up error, with an empty (0 col/0 row) dataset created.  Can someone help me troubleshoot?  I do not have duplicate column names, and made sure to have exactly the right amount of columns.......

connector.png

Best Answer

• DarrelR
    DarrelR Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is on 61 of your code.  

"datagrid.addColumn('error', datagrid.DATA_TYPE_BOOLEAN);"

DATA_TYPE_BOOLEAN is not a supported type.  We support DATA_TYPE_STRING, DATA_TYPE_DATETIME and DATATYPE_DOUBLE. 

Please note there are a few other rows that you have using DATA_TYPE_NUMBER which is also invalid, please use DATA_TYPE_DOUBLE.

Answers

• Hi all,

Can anybody help out @Hua?

Thanks!

• kamuela
    kamuela Domo Employee

@Hua Are you still having this issue?

I am no longer with Domo. Please @mention @Millhouse for connector specific questions.
  • DarrelR
    DarrelR Domo Employee

Is this still an issue?  If so, please reply with the url of your connector in the IDE and I will look into exactly why this is a problem.

• Hua
    Hua Member

Thank you for your help.  Yes, I still have the issue.  Here is the link to my connector:

https://developer.domo.com/builder/#/edit/4fd0d6e5-714f-41dc-887b-48f99a1dacb8

To clarify, I haven't published my connector yet, and only testing how it works.  What I did is to check "Create/Update DataSet" option, exposed by clicking on "SEND TO DOMO" link.

SendToDomo.png

Thanks,
    Hua

• DarrelR
    DarrelR Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is on 61 of your code.  

"datagrid.addColumn('error', datagrid.DATA_TYPE_BOOLEAN);"

DATA_TYPE_BOOLEAN is not a supported type.  We support DATA_TYPE_STRING, DATA_TYPE_DATETIME and DATATYPE_DOUBLE. 

Please note there are a few other rows that you have using DATA_TYPE_NUMBER which is also invalid, please use DATA_TYPE_DOUBLE.

• Hua
    Hua Member

Thank you, @DarrelR.  It worked after changing data type as you suggested.

I hope this type of unsurpported data types can be errored out during test run without Send to Domo option checked.

This discussion has been closed.