How do I label the legend on a Tree Map

I can't find a setting in chart properties to add a label to the legend on a tree map. Anyone know? Here's a screenshot of what I see: 

The "Total 821" always shows, and the items below the rule line show up on hover. I can't find out how to label what 821, 80, and 10% actually mean. 

Tree map legend.PNG

Broadway + Data

Best Answer

• pliu
    pliu Contributor
    Answer ✓

Maybe this helps, Chart Properities -> Label Settings -> Text

STATE: %_NAME, Count of ZIP: %_VALUE, % of Total ZIP: %_PERCENT_OF_TOTAL

Count of ZIP.JPG

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".

Answers

• pliu
    pliu Contributor
    Answer ✓

Maybe this helps, Chart Properities -> Label Settings -> Text

STATE: %_NAME, Count of ZIP: %_VALUE, % of Total ZIP: %_PERCENT_OF_TOTAL

Count of ZIP.JPG

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

That's a great idea, I'm finding a weird issue though. I'd rather write the Macro on Hover than keeping it as static text within the tree map. I can set it up, as below, but when I hit apply and save and go back out to view my card, the hover settings don't show up. Might be a bug -- any thoughts?

hover tree.PNG

hover tree 2.PNG

Broadway + Data
  • pliu
    pliu Contributor

It looks like a bug to me.

• @RobynLinden wrote:

That's a great idea, I'm finding a weird issue though. I'd rather write the Macro on Hover than keeping it as static text within the tree map. I can set it up, as below, but when I hit apply and save and go back out to view my card, the hover settings don't show up. Might be a bug -- any thoughts?

hover tree.PNG

hover tree 2.PNG

Robyn,

Great find! I have confirmed this is a bug, and I have submitted a ticket with development. I will keep track of it's status.

Ticket # 00446986

Thanks!

I work for Domo.

**Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

Thank you! Can you also change the accepted solution from the first post to the second? I hit the button on my own post by mistake, and meant to give credit where it was due. 

Broadway + Data
  • Pliu's reply is marked as the solution (the second comment in the thread). It has the smaller check mark next to it. The one at the very top indicates that the thread has been solved.

Love the collaboration that is happening here!

Thanks!
    Dani

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

Is this ticket still in the queue with support? I just tried to set some labels on a tree map and am still unable to see the hover settings once I leave edit mode.

Thanks!

Broadway + Data
  • @letsdothis Can you take a look at the above thread and let us know when a fix may be available.

@RobynLinden thanks for the follow up.

Regards,

Dani

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

It looks like the hover settings I set up in Chart Properties work when I view my card on the page in Medium or Large size , but when I click on the card to view it in details mode, the hover settings stop working.

Broadway + Data
  • @RobynLinden This ticket is still open. Engineering did make some changes with the latest release, but I have sent them your feedback. I was able to reproduce the different views from large and detailed like you described, and I will update you as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks!

I work for Domo.

**Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
This discussion has been closed.