Workbench versions 2 and 3 will work but 4 asks about a proxy?

I can connect to domo with workbench versions 2 and 3, however when I try to add the server connection in workbench 4 it throws up "an error occured while sending the request. If you are behind a proxy, make sure you can browse to 'mycompanyname'.domo.com"

I am behind a proxy and I can browse to 'mycompanyname'.domo.com. I noticed that version 3 has a proxy tab when connecting, however I left it on default which was "use proxy settings" and was able to connect just fine.

Comments

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

JYoung,

When you were working with WB4 did you configure the Proxy settings? They can be found under the 'Settings' portion of the account on WB4. If you have a proxy you can configure it here and WB should be able to connect.

More information on WB4 proxy can be found here:

http://wiki.domo.com/confluence/display/428BA51/Understanding+the+Workbench+4+user+interface#UnderstandingtheWorkbench4userinterface-Proxytab

WB4 has some great enhancements and we want to make sure that you can migrate without issue. Let us know if you continue to have proxy issues during your migration.

Thanks,

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@jyoung, did alexpeay's reply help answer your question? 

• Hi Alex,

I cannot get to a 'settings' in WB4. I cannot add a new account.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@alexpeay, can you chime in? Thanks!

• Togna_Bologna
    Togna_Bologna Domo Employee

@jyoung,

In Workbench 4 you will see a "Add New" button in the very upper-right corner of the program. Click on that to add a new account.

• kyle_stewart
    kyle_stewart Domo Employee

I think there may be some confusion as to what the issue is here, and because other clients have reported the same issue I want to clarify the problem.

As @jyoung experienced, when you try add an account by select "Add New" at the top left of the workbench panel then enter in the company domain as @Togna_Bologna explained, we get the following error:

---"An error occured while sending the request. If you are behind a proxy, make sure you can browse to 'mycompanyname'.domo.com"

At this point, there is no account set up so we don't have a way to configure the proxy settings as @alexpeay explained. We're stuck because we need to configure the proxy settings to create the account, but we need the account to configure the proxy settings.

@alexpeay Do we have a workaround for this, or are there any issues that could be causing the error to occur?

• Not sure if connected, but...

I have not yet installed WB4...but I DO get this same error when attempting to use the new Excel or Powerpoint plug-ins.

"An error occured while sending the request. If you are behind a proxy, make sure you can browse to 'mycompanyname'.domo.com"

I can surf to to my company site in any browser, setting the proxy to use default settings and adding user name and password does not work, and manually setting up the proxy adn port info does not help.

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

@PaulFinn to clarify you are attempting to install the Excel and Powerpoint plugin, not Workbench at this time, correct?

Do you have Workbench installed? Are you trying to install Workbench?

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • @PaulFinn, tagging you to check out @alexpeay's reply.

This discussion has been closed.