Domo app always kicks me out

Hi All, I frequently have an issue where I get kicked out of my App and I would have to login and add my credentials. Is there any bug or issue with the login or App? Sometime this is frustrating and happens quite frequently with the Estaff at my company. It is a bit of a detractor as well. 

Comments

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

Have you reviewed/considered such things as:

• Browser and version
    • Operating System, version, service pack upgrades, etc.
    • Individual machine configurations

If it's happening regularly on a particular machine, or set of machines with common configuration parameters, try something different?  Also, have you reached out to DomoSupport?

Remember Helpdesk-101... if you are running Microsoft Windows, always start with a reboot, and then try a different browser.  

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@jfestejo0614, did any of ckatzman's suggestions hel you out? If so, please let us know!

• Domofied
    Domofied Contributor

Hi there,

Unfortunately not so far.

Using Chrome and checked the cookie settings are turned on and states I have cookies stored locally.

I'm not about the others but my login doesn't even recognise my current password. So I'm constantly requesting Domo to email me to change my password. Now that I'm using Domo throughout the day I have to change my password evey 15-20 min since I'm uploading dataSets through the Domo Work Bench.

The strange thing is all other passwords on other websites are fine.

I'll be doing presentations next week and need this fixed so I don't have to request my change of password link during one.

Colin - Cheers!

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

By chance do you have the DOMO iOS app installed?  If so, you might look to see if you are running the most current version.

There was a problem with the iOS app where it would get caught in a perpetual loop of trying to login, and if the password failed, it would try 10 times and then lock you out of your account until you reset the password, and then it would keep pinging your account with the wrong password and lock you out again.  And just like that run-on sentence, you (or at least my experience was that I...) couldn't kill the app either.  I wound up having to delete the app to stop it.  

Domo released an update to the iOS app that fixed the problem I described above.  No idea if this is even relevant to your situation, but this was my experience with persistent lock-outs and password resets probably 9 months ago.  

As an aside, have you tried reach out to Domo Support directly?

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Domofied
    Domofied Contributor

Hi ckatzman,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Sorry my mistake. Just realised this post is about iOS App.

I'm using a Win7 PC - Chrome Browser.

Will contact Domo Support instead.

This discussion has been closed.