Salesforce returned a 'INVALID_FIELD' error after the 'Custom Fiscal Year' is enabled in SFDC.

pliu
pliu Contributor

Below is the error I received...

>>>

Domo is ready, but Salesforce returned a 'INVALID_FIELD' error. Please fix the query and try again. Fiscal,FiscalQuarter,FiscalYear ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:1026 No such column 'Fiscal' on entity 'Opportunity'.If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. API Call: https://gigamon.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v29.0/query?

>>>

Could this issue be related to the Salesforce API version? Salesforce Spring '16 API is v.36, it looks like Domo’s Salesforce connector still uses v.29

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".

Best Answer

• pliu
    pliu Contributor
    Answer ✓

It looks like SFDC removed the Fiscal Year related fields from the Opportunity object after we enabled the Custom Fiscal Year feature, the issue went away after we removed the Fiscal Year related fields from our Domo data source.

Answers

• pliu
    pliu Contributor
    Answer ✓

It looks like SFDC removed the Fiscal Year related fields from the Opportunity object after we enabled the Custom Fiscal Year feature, the issue went away after we removed the Fiscal Year related fields from our Domo data source.

• Hey everyone,

Just wanted to chime in on this issue. I totally feel the frustration that comes with these kinds of errors...

@pliu, I've encountered something similar before when integrating Salesforce data into Domo. It sounds like you're on the right track suspecting the API version discrepancy. Salesforce updates its APIs quite often, and if Domo's connector is still relying on an older version, it can indeed lead to compatibility issues.

A quick solution would be to check if Domo has an update or patch that supports the newer API version. Sometimes these platform updates can take a bit to catch up with changes on services like Salesforce.

On a personal note, I once faced a similar situation when trying to integrate a custom object, and the API version mismatch was the root cause. After updating the connector and revising the queries, things worked smoothly.