Is there a way to pull in Google Analytics Dimensions via the pre-defined GA connector?

I am currently looking for a way to pull in our Google Analytics custom dimensions but cannot seem to do so using the pre-defined GA connectors. I saw in some posts from 05/2015 that people were having to reach out to their Domo support team to have this set up... have there been any updates on this front? I would really like to be able to pull in and manage this data myself without the support team if possible.

Comments

• quinnj
    quinnj Domo Employee

@kvallee,

Yes, the current process involves contacting Domo Support to have them setup "blank" custom GA connectors that you can then configure yourself. You can even request they setup as many blank instances as you think you may need.

I would suggest going down this route until the functionality is tested well-enough to be released to the public connector out of beta-mode.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@kvallee, did quinnj's reply help answer your question? 

• Yes, there is a different view of the connector available, but you need to reach out to support to get access to it. It provides quite a bit of functionality. 

Here is a link to the GA documentation on the names used for metrics and dimensions that are availble through the API. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get familiar with the API names, you can do pretty interesting things. 

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets