How do you sort bars on a graph based upon values?

I have business units on my x axis and sold units on my y axis.  I'd like to sort my business unit from largest to smallest sold units, so that the business units with the most sold appear first in my graph

Best Answer

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi Janene - 

Should be able to take your sold units attribute, add it to the Sorting box on the edit screen, select your same aggregation type (Count?  Sum?), and select the Descending option.  What you won't want is to have your business unit reflected in the Sorting box, or if you do, have it below the sold units counter so that it becomes a secondary sort (ie, two business units with same name, you'd want the larger one to come first).

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi Janene - 

Should be able to take your sold units attribute, add it to the Sorting box on the edit screen, select your same aggregation type (Count?  Sum?), and select the Descending option.  What you won't want is to have your business unit reflected in the Sorting box, or if you do, have it below the sold units counter so that it becomes a secondary sort (ie, two business units with same name, you'd want the larger one to come first).

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@JaneneStarr, did ckatzman's reply help answer your question?

This discussion has been closed.