Data Labels on Charts

Hi,

If you have a chart that is based on percentages (e.g. 100% stacked bar chart), is there also a way to also add the count or absolute number? For example, if a data point is 80%, can we also add the number that is based on, so it could look something like 80% (30)

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓

@lfaulkner did any of the above replies help you? If so please mark the correct reply by clicking on "Accept as Solution".

Thanks!

Dani

• zcameron
    zcameron Admin
    Answer ✓

You can see the available macros by clicking into the "Text" field in the "Data Label Settings" options.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 3.09.11 PM.png

Also, you can get explanations of the macros in the Help Center under the topic "How do I format data label and hover text?" Here's the text as it currently reads:

Macro

Description

%_CATEGORY_NAME

The name of the category that the data item belongs to

%_CATEGORY_NUMBER

The number of the category that the data item belongs to

%_CATEGORY_TOTAL

The sum of all the data values in the category that the data item belongs to

%_GRAPH_TOTAL

The sum of all the values in the graph

%_PERCENT_OF_CATEGORY

The data value represented as a percentage of the sum of all the data values in the category

%_PERCENT_OF_TOTAL

The data value represented as a percentage of the sum of all the data values in the graph

%_SERIES_NAME

The name of the data series that the item belongs to

%_SERIES_NUMBER

The number of the data series that the item belongs to

%_VALUE

The value of the data item

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

@user04417 

To make a data label show when the value is zero, there is actually a checkbox further down in the Data Labels section. Check that box and the value should show:

image.png

Hope this helps,

ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• user04417
    user04417 Member
    Answer ✓

@Valiant

If we select the series height as evenly distributed in the general settings, It shows a part of funnel with no value in it.

This looks interesting, I will try putting this in and see if it helps. Thank you.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓

@lfaulkner did any of the above replies help you? If so please mark the correct reply by clicking on "Accept as Solution".

Thanks!

Dani

• Where can I find the info on those 9 macros for value field? It's really useful but I may forget how to use them in the future..

• zcameron
    zcameron Admin
    Answer ✓

You can see the available macros by clicking into the "Text" field in the "Data Label Settings" options.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 3.09.11 PM.png

Also, you can get explanations of the macros in the Help Center under the topic "How do I format data label and hover text?" Here's the text as it currently reads:

Macro

Description

%_CATEGORY_NAME

The name of the category that the data item belongs to

%_CATEGORY_NUMBER

The number of the category that the data item belongs to

%_CATEGORY_TOTAL

The sum of all the data values in the category that the data item belongs to

%_GRAPH_TOTAL

The sum of all the values in the graph

%_PERCENT_OF_CATEGORY

The data value represented as a percentage of the sum of all the data values in the category

%_PERCENT_OF_TOTAL

The data value represented as a percentage of the sum of all the data values in the graph

%_SERIES_NAME

The name of the data series that the item belongs to

%_SERIES_NUMBER

The number of the data series that the item belongs to

%_VALUE

The value of the data item

• This is awesome. Thanks!

• Is there any way to make the value 0 appear on the chart. i.e I selected %_VALUE as my Text, but if the value is zero it doesnt show up on the card. Is there a way I can fix this?

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

@user04417 

To make a data label show when the value is zero, there is actually a checkbox further down in the Data Labels section. Check that box and the value should show:

image.png

Hope this helps,

ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• @Valiant

I am working with Funnel charts, I dont find anything like that in my data label settings, are you looking at funnel charts as well?

• @user04417

Yeah, I'm not seeing it listed there under funnel. I'm not even sure how that would look if you're showing a 0 value on a funnel Smiley Frustrated

If that's something that would be helpful for you, you can log it and detail what you want in the Ideas Exchange here:

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/Ideas

If you can get some support (upvotes) behind your idea, they may add it in a future release.

Sincerely,

ValiantSpur

• user04417
    user04417 Member
    Answer ✓

@Valiant

If we select the series height as evenly distributed in the general settings, It shows a part of funnel with no value in it.

This looks interesting, I will try putting this in and see if it helps. Thank you.

• @user04417 great find! Best of luck 

This discussion has been closed.