Hover Over Metrics that aren't included in the graph

Hello - a HUGE feature for us would be to allow us to choose more than the category, series name and numbers in the hover text, but to also inclide other values in the data set.

For example, I might want to see total sales for a period, but when I hover over it would be very helpful to see the % change or how many deals closed, etc.

Again - HUGE.

Best Answers

• jaredpk
    jaredpk Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

We don't have that for hover-over metrics.  There are some macro functions for data lables that might do some of what you need.  In the card edit, if you go to "Data Label Settings" you will see a line called "Text".  A prompt will pop up with some macros that will change some of the values that can be displayed.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 10.47.03 AM.png

To completely request what you would like, please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange here You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a New Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members.

I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓

Looks like @theCHIVE posted the idea here

Plaese have a look and vote it up by clicking on white arrow.

Thanks!

Dani

Answers

• jaredpk
    jaredpk Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

We don't have that for hover-over metrics.  There are some macro functions for data lables that might do some of what you need.  In the card edit, if you go to "Data Label Settings" you will see a line called "Text".  A prompt will pop up with some macros that will change some of the values that can be displayed.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 10.47.03 AM.png

To completely request what you would like, please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange here You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a New Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members.

I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • theCHIVE
    theCHIVE Contributor

What I am asking is allowing for other data points that are not included in the graph, but included in the data set for more context. Right now it is limited to what you have in the chart.

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

That sounds like a good idea to suggest in the ideas exchange, as suggested above.

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • theCHIVE
    theCHIVE Contributor

Gotcha - the link appears to be broken.

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓

Looks like @theCHIVE posted the idea here

Plaese have a look and vote it up by clicking on white arrow.

Thanks!

Dani

• I have to say that your response is quite lacking, especially since you work for DOMO.  If there was a thumbs down button, i would have clicked on that.  You only provided 1/2 a solution.  You should have provided an example that has worked for you, with code.  Please look over StackOverFlow for examples of what tech help should be.

• @DaniBoy  Can you let the group know what is actually happening with this request and the others related to it. It seems like Domo has given up on what the customer want here and this is a basic Tableau feature that is not even in discussion or being worked on. 

Please respond to the group with what is happening so we all know what to expect. 

• I would stay tuned for releases at Domopalooza...

I have it on good authority that this will be addressed in a very near release.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • I thought that might be the case. Let's just hope it is not a standard Domo announcement that takes 6-9 months to actually release. But thank you.

This discussion has been closed.