DataSet Access

As an Admin how do I control Editor Level user access to our libary of DataSets?

-Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@AndrewLacy - Currently we do not have a way to customize the access for the different levels.
    You can see what they can currently do by going into your Domo Instance, going go the Admin page and looking at the Access Rights.
    You can also head over to our WIki by clicking on the drop down in the top right hand corner of your instance and clicking on Help Center. From there/Help Center if you search for Understanding Security Roles you can read more about the Editors permissions.
    This would be a great idea to post in our Idea Exhange - http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas

• Can I give an Editor access to a dataset?

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@AndrewLacy - To give an Editor access to a DataSet you will need to share a card that is already created on said DataSet. When that card is shared with them, they will have access to view the DataSet and create other cards off of it. They will not be able to change the details of the DataSet itself.

• This there a way to revoke that access once its given?

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

Yes, you would have to go to that user in the admin page and change their security profile to, say, participant.

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • Perfect!   I will build a page that conntains a bunch of "Dataset Access Cards" and share them with my users.  Now if I don't share the page itself they should get access to the datasets but not be able to "see" the cards, correct?

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

What Bulloko was saying was that if someone is an editor and you give them access to a particular dataset by giving access to a card, that they will always have access to that dataset if they build a card of their own off of that dataset.  I suppose if you wanted to have a better way of ensuring who has access to what cards on a very granular level that you could suggest that in the ideas exchange:

http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@nalbright is exactly right!! If you feel your question is answered, please be sure to mark it as Answered!

• As an FYI everyone, I submitted this idea in July and it was submitted to the Domo engineering team in August

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/Data-Source-Security-Settings/idi-p/3998

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

So, I guess you're saying that if someone likes that idea they should vote it up, right?  I suppose we could figure that this thread is solved because it is being worked on already, right?

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@nick_datasift - Oh perfect! Thanks for that! I've gone ahead and upvoted that one also!

• The more likes the better, I assume it will help with priority. But if they are already working on it then yes we can consider it "solved" but not yet implemented

• I would like to know if all new datasets within DOMO universe can be shared with all editor users by default without create new cards.

thanks so much

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@AndresU wrote:

I would like to know if all new datasets within DOMO universe can be shared with all editor users by default without create new cards.

thanks so much

@AndresU, please feel free to open up a new thread for better exposure to your question ? 

• @AndresU

Please see this idea and add your comment there since it is relevant to your question. You can also vote for the idea by clicking on the white arrow next to the original idea. I believe your comment is directly related to the suggested idea.

Thanks!
    Dani

• Hello @DaniBoy thanks so much for your answer although thats not exactly we need in this idea, they are talking about data filters in datasets.

Our team need a mechanism to handle org permissions in datasets not filter data, I mean we need that all groups or maybe just a couple of people in oiur company with edit profile can reach new datasets that BI included in DOMO universe withpout crteate new charts to share those datasets.

In this moment if you ad a new identity and you as admin wants to grant access to someone to this new identity is required create a new chart, then from our point of view doesnt make sense create new charts just to share the new info with our domo users.

what do you think?

adding @kshah008

thanks so much

• Andres,

Please post your new idea in the ideas exchange here so others can vote it up and we can have our product management team review it.

Thanks!
    Dani