I want to add the Min, Max and average lines to a stacked graph ...how do I do that?

caiopimenta
caiopimenta Member
edited May 2023 in Charting

At the moment Min/Max/Avg is only available when you don't add series. Once you have series on a stacked bar for example you automatically lose your Min/Max/Avgs. Is it possible to add it?

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@caiopimenta I was able to add the average line to a horizontal bar chart with a series using the Scale Marker settings below. It does not include Min/Max, but I was at least able to get a line to show up

Answers

• @caiopimenta Can you share a little more about your data and what your expectation of the min/max/avg values you want displayed would look like?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Here is a picture after I insert a series and here is a picture before I insert the series.

• Thanks. I thought your series was breaking up bars into multiple segments. But you are just using is to add colors.

If you set the Colors using Color Rules, then you can avoid using Series. This will allow you to keep the min max and avg values:

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Thanks for the help. Although this is a great work around. In my case, I am layering a segment into this chart. For example, showing stores and the colors are the territories of the stores. Right now we have over 500+ stores so it is not feasible to select a color for each store.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@caiopimenta I was able to add the average line to a horizontal bar chart with a series using the Scale Marker settings below. It does not include Min/Max, but I was at least able to get a line to show up

• Thank you Michelle, helpful work around!