generic OAuth redirection URL

Hi, I'm trying to pull data into Domo from another vendor's API using the "JSON Advanced with custom parsing for OAuth" connector (found in your Domo instance at /connectors/com.domo.connector.json.customparsing.oauth).

I'm not able to get past the step of configuring the DataSet credentials, because I don't know what Redirection URL to supply to the remote system. Some threads in this forum suggest that the Redirection URL is https://api.domo.com/builder/oauth.html, but this doesn't seem to be right.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Configured an oauth client on the remote system, with a Redirection URL of https://api.domo.com/builder/oauth.html – this generates a client ID and client Secret.
  2. entered the client ID and client Secret into the Credentials pane of the DataSet configuration, along with the remote system's generic OAuth authorization and token URLs.
  3. Clicked Connect in Domo.
  4. this pops up an authorization window from the remote system – so far, so good.
  5. I click in this window to authorize Domo and then the window gets redirected to https://api.domo.com/builder/oauth.html?code=OAUTH_CODE&state=STATE_TOKEN.
  6. The process stalls out here. The authorization window remains blank and never closes, and the Connect button in the main Domo window shows a "loading" image indefinitely.

It seems like I must have the wrong Redirection URL but it also seems strange that Domo's DataSet configuration screen doesn't tell me very clearly what the Redirection URL is supposed to be, because this is an essential piece of an OAuth workflow. Am I missing something really obvious?

(by the way this particular connector doesn't seem to be documented in the Domo Knowledgebase. When I click the "Learn More" link on the connector config page, it takes me to a top-level Knowledgebase menu. There is a doc for the JSON Connector with Custom Parsing, but that's a slightly different connector that can only do simple username/password authentication through SFTP or HTTP Basic Auth.)

(for any Domo staff looking at this, I've also opened a support ticket on this, case #05729129, but that ticket has been unanswered for a couple of days so I figured I'd see if anyone on this forum knew the answer)

Best Answer

Answers

• weirdly, I just got a release-notes pop-up when logging into Domo that included an announcement that this JSON+OAuth connector that I've been struggling with will be released on Oct 15. This might explain the lack of documentation. Maybe my instance was somehow included in a soft launch of it.

• The new JSON OAuth is different because it doesn't require as much coding. They advertise "No Code". As for the redirect URL, I'm having the same issue with the new No Code JSON connector. I've put a support ticket in, but have yet to get a response.

@DaniBoy  can you help us get the redirect URLs for these connectors?

• Ben_Dunlap
    Ben_Dunlap Member
    Answer ✓

finally got the redirect URL from Support! It's https://oauth.domo.com/api/data/v1/oauth/providers/json-oauth/exchange

I've tested this and it works. Hope that helps others. Really frustrating that this is not documented anywhere as far as I can tell. The connector does not work at all without this URL.

• Were you able to actually pull in data? I get past authenticating, but then just get an error on the parser editor. From inspecting the page, it looks to be an error on Domo's side. I guess I'll open up another support ticket.Smiley Sad

• @Figauro / @Ben_Dunlap

are these connectors using OAuth 2.0 or OAuth 1.0, I'm having trouble getting past the authentication stage.

• I think OAuth 2 since the credential config includes a 'scopes' parameter... I don't think that's part of OAuth 1

• Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx

I'm trying to configure TikTok connector in DOMO for reservation reports. I've checked out your YouTube Channel, but couldn't find anything about it.

Furthermore, I would really appreciate if you could give me a hand.

• cmello
    cmello Member

@Figauro Did you figure out your issue with the parsing error?

I am using the 'Json No Code Oauth' connector where I am able to connect to google drive but unable to pull down a 'restricted' file using the connector.