New Dataflow Run Options

Looks like Domo has silently updated trigger options for dataflows (hopefully its not silent and they tell people, I think it just got to my instance about an hour ago so hoping I am just early and more details will come out soon).

I love this idea but do feel it is a bit clunky and requires a lot more clicks but I need to test it out more.

I did notice this one inconsistency that could be annoying.

When you click "Save and Run" while editing a dataflow and go to when datasets update it gives you details about the datasets.

But if you are not in edit mode and go to the settings tab there are no details about the inputs

Has anyone else tried this? thoughts?

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Comments

• Also it is not very intutive but for a manual update you just have to remove a trigger if there is one. I kept thinking Manual Update would be an option in the dropdown with Dataset Update and Schedule Options.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• jimsteph
    jimsteph Contributor

Good catch! It appeared out of the blue this morning, but I was working on an ETL that is triggered by other datasets finishing, so I didn't notice there was no option for manual trigger. I think you just saved me from pulling more hair out.

• @Ashleigh - I know this is an older post but I'm curious…how did you get to settings on an ETL?

That might have changed. I need to change triggers on an ETL that takes 45 minutes to run. I don't want it to start and then have to cancel it. I simply want to change the triggers before it runs this morning. Settings doesn't appear to be available. The only way I see triggers is if I open the ETL and click save and run…triggers comes up before starting. But I can't change then and exit out. Doing that doesn't save the change.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• @ArborRose settings appears when you are viewing the dataflow. If you are on the dataset click the 3 dots then view dataflow.

• Ah, nice. Thanks for that information.

• Hmmm…unfortunately it doesn't save when you hit apply. I made the change, hit apply. But when you open it back up, the triggers didn't change. Apparently you still have to hit the save and run.

• @ArborRose try doing it not in the edit mode.

On the dataset click 3 dots

View dataflow

You should see all inputs and outputs of the flow, settings should be to the left.

• @Ashleigh - Thanks. Yes, it looks like it save it this time.