Comment out tiles in MagicETL

jimsteph
jimsteph Contributor
edited August 2023 in Magic ETL Ideas

When building complex ETLs it would be handy to be able to "comment out" tiles so they are ignored for execution. For bonus points, I'd like to be able to have an unterminated chain of commented-out tiles not block the ETL's execution.

Tagged:
21 votes

In Review · Last Updated

This is an idea I've been deeply interested in as well, and I do have it on my backlog. With this additional signal, I will review this with the team again. Thank you for surfacing this!

Comments

• PLEASE!!! For the love of all you hold dear, Domo…Please give us this! It's been requested for many years and is standard in any coding that's done. Doesn't seem to make sense that this capability is lacking.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • g_bag
    g_bag Member

A Comment Box to document the subpart of complex ETLs would be great for now addition to Comment out tiles. For reference, here's what they have in Alteryx.

• If Unreal can do this in their BluePrints, Domo can do this in MagicETL.

• This is an idea I've been deeply interested in as well, as a heavy Magic user myself. I do have it on my backlog, but with this additional signal, I will review this with the team again. Thank you for surfacing this!

I have a lot of ideas along this vein, including better commenting in general, grouping/boxing of tiles together, markup on the canvas etc.

Domo Product Manager for Data Transformation (MagicETL)