'None' response when calling Domo SDK to append data into dataset

luisamedinam
luisamedinam Member
edited May 2023 in APIs & Domo Developer

I am trying to append data into a dataset I created using the API but I get this error: Failed to import data into Domo: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable. The dataset is created successfully but then I get that error message when trying to append the data into it.

After some troubleshooting I found that the 'None' response is coming from this line of code: response = domo.datasets.data_import(domo_dataset_id, csv_content).

Here is complete block of code where I am trying to append the data.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

This sounds like a bug with the Domo APIs / SDK. I'd recommend logging a ticket with support to have them investigate deeper.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• This happens when the response back from the API is empty.

You had mentioned that you're attempting to append to your dataset but by default data_import will utilize REPLACE. Have you tried adding, update_method=UpdateMethod.APPEND to your data_import call?

• Hello,

Thank you for answering. I added update_method=UpdateMethod.APPEND to the data_import call but I am still getting the same error: Failed to import data into Domo: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable.

Do you maybe have a different suggestion?

Thanks

• Does your dataset ID exist in the instance you’ve authenticated to? Does the user you’re authenticated as have access to edit or create datasets?

• Yes to both questions. The dataset is created successfully and I even got to check that it appends 7 rows of data before giving me the 'None' response error.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

This sounds like a bug with the Domo APIs / SDK. I'd recommend logging a ticket with support to have them investigate deeper.