Is the data restricted for drill downs?

I am building a drill-down but seem not to have the same options as I would building a separate card.

Example: I have a stacked bar overview where I am demonstrating the cutomer base by volume over months and by customer types. I am trying to create a drill down where I am showing in a pivot table view where I want to show by day and by customer type which of the customer stayed and which left.

1st Problem: I do not seem to have the group by option that we usually have in the right upper corner (it is faded out)

2nd problem: I created a count on the customer ids as a beast mode, but when draggin the BM to values, it does not sum the count up, but has basically a 1 as max value in every row

So is the data that can be used in drill down restricted by what is used in the main card? And why is the aggregation (under value in pivot table) not working as expected, as well as the group by function for dates in upper right corner?

Best Answer

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

@user084060 you'll only get the group by functionality on a pivot table if your Date is in the COLUMNS section.

It would work using a megatable but you'll lose the pivoting capability.

Answers

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

@user084060 you'll only get the group by functionality on a pivot table if your Date is in the COLUMNS section.

It would work using a megatable but you'll lose the pivoting capability.

• @Jones01 the state of the original card will carry forward into the drill path. If your base card is graphing the data by week, then your drill path will do the same. If the user changes the base card to graph by month, when they drill down, the drill path should still match. Maybe share some screenshots if you are still having issues.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman