Single Value Card Division

I have two single value cards. Card 1 is a overall total of all possible values and card 2 is a filtered subset of card 1. Is there a way I can divide the two cards?

I know that you can just make a new beast mode with both calculations (Ex. Card 2/Card 1). However that does not work in my case due to Card 2 being a filtered version of Card 1. I've also tried to create a beast mode with the filter logic but I keep getting a decimal instead of the expected value (I expect a value of 131 but I get .04 instead). It seems like the simplest solution would be to take the displayed value of both cards and use that for the division. Any thoughts?

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You should be able to do this in a beast mode, but leverage the fixed functions feature in order to have one number use the filter that is applied and one number ignore the filter. You can read more about fixed functions here:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

To expand on @MarkSnodgrass 's answer you'll need to use the FILTER DENY or FILTER NONE clauses in a fixed function to prevent filtering from happening on the value.

SUM(`Value`) / SUM(SUM(`Value`) FIXED (FILTER NONE))

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You should be able to do this in a beast mode, but leverage the fixed functions feature in order to have one number use the filter that is applied and one number ignore the filter. You can read more about fixed functions here:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

To expand on @MarkSnodgrass 's answer you'll need to use the FILTER DENY or FILTER NONE clauses in a fixed function to prevent filtering from happening on the value.

SUM(`Value`) / SUM(SUM(`Value`) FIXED (FILTER NONE))

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**