How to filter cards by a name dimension

GrantStowell
GrantStowell Domo Moderator
edited May 2023 in Beast Mode

A user recently ran into trouble while creating a dashboard. According to them, the dashboard had about 10 cards in it. One card was powered from one dataset, another card was powered from another dataset, and then 8 cards were powered from a third dataset.

Their question: Is there a way to filter all cards by a name dimension?

They tried creating a slicer but that only worked on the dataset it was tied too. The names were spelt exactly the same across the three datasets.

Possible solutions:

• Conform column names (make sure the name column is the same in each dataset) then union all the datasets into one dataset.profit
  • If the column names are the same it should still filter all of them regardless of dataset but they need to be EXACTLY the same, not like “name” vs. “Name”
  • Ensure that the 'Hide date on card details' box is unchecked and then the cards should start filtering.

Huge shoutout to @trafalger and anyone else who contributed to finding a solution to this problem!

Have something to add? Feel free to post a comment with other possible solutions to this problem!

Hope this helps!

-Grant

Tagged:

Comments

• Do I get community points if my answer was copied from the slack to here? 🤣

• GrantStowell
    GrantStowell Domo Moderator

Hey Trafalger,

Unfortunately, we can't manually award you points for answers given outside of the forum. But you do deserve credit for your answers, so I'll edit the post and give you a shoutout.