Is there a way to bucket columns similar to excel in DOMO?

I am trying to have a pivot table that shows weekly plans vs actuals. Is there a way to add a top layer of that to group the value columns into the top three pillars? Supply, demand, revenue.

Thanks

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@gbrown Yes, you can do this using a pivot table card. If you drag your bucket values to the Columns section and use Weekly Plan and Weekly Actual as the values.

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

you would have to unpivot your metrics into rows instead of multiple metrics in columns. then you could apply a case statement based on the metric label for how they group.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@gbrown Yes, you can do this using a pivot table card. If you drag your bucket values to the Columns section and use Weekly Plan and Weekly Actual as the values.

• gbrown
    gbrown Member

@MichelleH Makes sense. Thanks! How would I word the beastmode to create those values? The weekly plan / weekly actuals are values and/or beastmodes

• @gbrown That depends on how each of those fields are set up. Could you please share how your data is structured and the beast modes you already set up?

• gbrown
    gbrown Member

@MichelleH

The weekly plan columns are beast-modes and the actuals are columns within the data already structured. Thanks

• gbrown
    gbrown Member

The weekly plans are a beastmode that just gives me a '0' for now until we can implement to the data. The actual data is a groupby sum of the product line. @MichelleH

• @gbrown What about your raw data in the underlying dataset? What are your beast mode formulas?

• gbrown
    gbrown Member

@MichelleH

There are no beastmodes calculations at this moment.

The weekly plans are simply just a beastmode to give me a value of '0'. They are more of a placeholder for now until we get the data.

The dataset is grouped by product line and sum of the actual values. Example:

Actuals are labeled

MR - Incoming Orders VK Produced Shipped Sales

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

you would have to unpivot your metrics into rows instead of multiple metrics in columns. then you could apply a case statement based on the metric label for how they group.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"