Stacked bar Legend not visible when hovering over bar value

Hi,

I am using a stack bar chart to show the development for different segments over time. Because there are more than 20 segments, they are not visible all at first look. When hovering over one segment, I was wondering if there is a feature that would bring the segment in the legend a bit up in the ranking? Right now if the segment is last in the legend ranking you need to scroll the legend to find the right color and match it with the bar color to understand which segment it is. I attached a screenshot. Let me know if there is such a feature or you have other ideas.

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to have items in the legend change dynamically. I would suggest using the Hover Text Settings to provide the necessary information when hovering over an item on the chart.

You can also submit the dynamic moving of the legend item as an enhancement in the Ideas Exchange section of the Community Forum.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    Answer ✓

@user084060 You could use hover text. I think by default the hover text would by default say which series it is, but if not, you can modify it using the Hover Text option in the Chart Properties.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to have items in the legend change dynamically. I would suggest using the Hover Text Settings to provide the necessary information when hovering over an item on the chart.

You can also submit the dynamic moving of the legend item as an enhancement in the Ideas Exchange section of the Community Forum.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    Answer ✓

@user084060 You could use hover text. I think by default the hover text would by default say which series it is, but if not, you can modify it using the Hover Text option in the Chart Properties.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**