Not getting GA4 data to reflect accurately in Domo

Hello,

I'm having a hard time trying to pull in data that correctly reflect what's in GA4. I've read through multiple threads to reduce the number of dimensions to just a few, and have broken one big report into several smaller pulls (list below) but I'm still getting numbers are that significantly different. I'm also noticing a column in the data pulls: "dataLossDueToOtherRow" with the value "true" in a most rows. Is this an indication that I'm missing data from this report? If there's a guide on how basic reports can be pulled from GA4 into Domo, that would be terrific! I'm can't find a guide that shows how to pull in data with the correct granularity. I've checked GA4 Explorer, and of course these dimensions and metrics are compatible.

D for Dimension; M for Metric

1. Traffic Source
    1. Date D
    2. Session default channel group D
    3. Session source D
    4. Sessions D
    5. Active users M
    6. Average session duration M
    7. Engaged sessions M
    8. Engagement rate M
    9. Events per session M
    10. New users M
    11. Views M
    12. Views per session M
  2. Events
    1. Date D
    2. Event name D
    3. Page path and screen class D
    4. Page title D
    5. Event count M
  3. Page/Screen
    1. Date D
    2. Device category D
    3. Page path and screen class D
    4. Page title D
    5. Active users M
    6. Average session duration M
    7. Engaged sessions M
    8. Engagement rate M
    9. New users M
    10. Sessions M
    11. Views M
    12. Views per session M
  4. Users
    1. Age D
    2. Country D
    3. Date D
    4. Gender D
    5. Page path D
    6. Region D
    7. Active users M
    8. New users M
    9. Sessions M

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@tlammie1806

Google restricts the amount of data it will pull in the APIs due to performance reasons. If you limit your request to a small enough dataset it will return everything, otherwise GA will return a sample of your data. You may need to pull data for a specific day to reduce the size and have GA return the entirety of your data.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Start with a day and see if that's returning all of your data.

Answers

• Hi @tlammie1806, as the connector is still in Beta status, I'd imagine the connector team are working through the kinks of ensuring accurate pulling of the data to display in your Domo, particular through the custom dimensions/measures report data call options.

Best to reach out to Support [ https://domo-support.domo.com/ ], who can investigate further and escalate to engineering team as they would have much more notes and information than what is currently provided to us [https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/7617841459223?language=en_US].

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@tlammie1806

Google restricts the amount of data it will pull in the APIs due to performance reasons. If you limit your request to a small enough dataset it will return everything, otherwise GA will return a sample of your data. You may need to pull data for a specific day to reduce the size and have GA return the entirety of your data.

• Thank you @GrantSmith! I'm trying to pull enough data for comparative purposes (360 days rolling). What would be a good threshold time frame?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Start with a day and see if that's returning all of your data.