Pivot table - graph by

Jones01
Jones01 Contributor

Hi,

I am sure I have done this before but if I have a date as the row on a pivot table can the graph by still be used so customers can aggregate to month, year etc. The option is greyed out??

The field I am using is definitely a date field.

Best Answer

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Answer ✓

@MichelleH

sure no problem, Using a megatable automatically allows the graph by on the date field if the first column is a date or datetime type.

Answers

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

I won't delete the post but will answer myself. A megatable can graph in this way.

• @Jones01 Can you please share how you got it to work so that others can find your post later? You can also mark your own comment as the answer so that your question is marked as answered.

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Answer ✓

@MichelleH

sure no problem, Using a megatable automatically allows the graph by on the date field if the first column is a date or datetime type.

• @Jones01

For some reason, the pivot table will only allow the "graph by" option if your date field is used for the rows, not the column.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • dlitwak
    dlitwak Member

Is there a proposed solution for this when you need to actually use a pivot table for the pivot functionality? A Mega Table doesn't allow selection of the pivoted columns, which means that a table cannot both be pivoted and change the date grain of the table.