Allow users to manage financial year uploads

Jones01
Jones01 Contributor
edited August 2023 in Governance & Security Ideas

We have multiple customers using different financial years within domo and from time to time they like to either completely change these or make small modifications such as pushing a 53 week into the following year etc.

If would be great if we could manage these sets ourselves rather than having to create tickets with domo support. To upload a custom financial year can take anywhere between 4 days and 2 weeks. We need the ability to make these changes ourselves instantly.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DomoDork
    DomoDork Contributor

Agreed. I'm a new customer with Domo so I'm in the middle of a planning phase to get the platform setup the way we need it before rolling it out to the wider company but one of the features we were looking at was the fiscal calendar. I'm in the same boat as you where I've got a ton of clients and all of them their own take on fiscal calendar date periods and those get updated pretty regularly with changes.

It would be very nice to just have this feature table driven much like PDP where we can assign a PDP job to a dataset and that dataset then becomes the source for PDP. They could do the exact same setup for fiscal calendars and I'm sure it would make their own lives a bit easier since no tickets/work would need to be involved on their end.

• Great idea! I think it would be also helpful as part of this feature request to have the ability for multiple fiscal calendars. For example if you had a vendor or operational segment operating on a different fiscal calendar.