Scorecard First and Last shows same value..

I have this scorecard with Current and previous values and I am good to show change....

Challenge:   One filter selection has no previous value and because of that, I only get one value and the card shows the same value for first and last in the scorecard.... 

Any tip how do i deal with this? May be a way to make sure it brings 2nd row with 0 or something

Tagged:

Answers

• Because Domo is looking for a first and last value in your dataset when you have only one that value is simultaneously the first and the last value. Use an ETL to add in a 2nd row with the value you want to include. You'll need to decide how you want to handle the % change since the initial value doesn't exist in your case.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • We have so many combinations that may not have previous row.. Inserting dummy row is not good idea.. Can domo scorecard just not consider change and only show Current or first value and show 0 change…

• @faisalnjit In the Chart Properties - Change Value Options you can set some actions for No Data Handling and No Data Message. Try setting that to different settings to get the result you are looking for.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @faisalnjit What if you used a Comparative Change chart instead so it's easier for the people interacting with the scorecard to see when there is no previous value? You can set up two beast modes for your current and previous value:

sum(case when `Period Comparison` = 'Previous' then `Visits/TimePeriod` else 0 end)

sum(case when `Period Comparison` = 'Current' then `Visits/TimePeriod` else 0 end)

• @faisalnjit - I don't believe the no data handling will apply here. That would only impact a filter selection with no values.

If you are always comparing YTD sales to the prior year, I would consider using the "Multi-value Columns" chart. You can then create two calculated fields:

YTD Sales

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR(`Date`) = YEAR(CURDATE()) 
          AND DAYOFYEAR(`Date`) < = DAYOFYEAR(CURDATE()) THEN `Visits` ELSE 0 END)

Prior YTD Sales

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR(`Date`) = YEAR(CURDATE())-1 
          AND DAYOFYEAR(`Date`) < = DAYOFYEAR(CURDATE()) THEN `Visits` ELSE 0 END)

Then plug those in as your gauge value and comparison value

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman