Can you pass variables into a CLI script file?

I want to be able to pass the token and domain for the connect command or the file name and dataset ID in the export-data command. It would make it more extensible rather than have a script file for absolutly everything.

domoUtil.jar -script E:\DomoUtil\MyExport.script

I know I can regenerate the file each time using things like Get-Content and Set-Content in powershell or some other mechanism but I don't want to, if I don't need to.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

The connect command does allow you to use an environment variable and connect with a -v flag.

If you're wanting to pass it along in the java -jar command it's not a possibility. You'd need to write a wrapper script to fill out the variable values in your script and have the java command run your script.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

The connect command does allow you to use an environment variable and connect with a -v flag.

If you're wanting to pass it along in the java -jar command it's not a possibility. You'd need to write a wrapper script to fill out the variable values in your script and have the java command run your script.

• Thanks Grant.

In the CLI documentation I don't see the -v. I do see it when I type help connect.

-v,--env-token env-token

Do you have an example of using the -v flag? Whats expecting in the environment variable? I've tried adding just the access token to an environment variable and that did not see to work.

connect -v NameofEV -s myDomain.domo.com

• The Environment Variable should hold your token.

connect -s mydomain.domo.com -v NAME_OF_ENV_VARIABLE