Transferring work from on Domo environment to another

Options
froghunter
froghunter Member
edited April 2023 in Governance & Security

Until recently our organization has had a single Domo environment (that is, a single subdomain like xyz.domo.com). This was used for both internal and customer-facing reporting. Now we have a second one, zyx.domo.com. The environment xyz will now be used for customer-facing reporting, and zyx.domo.com will be for internal reports. Sadly, I have considerable internal reporting in xyz. Rebuilding is not really an option. I also don't have admin access, so investigating whether the Domo CLI tools would help is a non-starter.

What options are there for this? Ideally, there would be some way to back up xyz to a local system and then push it to zyx, creating both a backup and a new system.

I don't know if I've put this in the correct category. If there is a better one, please let me know and I'll be happy to move it.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@froghunter I'd recommend using the Dataset Copy Connector to push any existing datasets to the second instance: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043436533?language=en_US

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Domo Publish is a premium option which can allow you to publish datasets and dashboards to child instances. Another possible option is utilizing some of the commands in the CLI tool to export and import Domo objects.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers