Is there a way to pull data from the body of an email

I have emails that are automatically sent to my inbox with data contained in the email (see screenshot below). Is there a way to scrub the body of the email and extract data from it and pull into Domo? For example, I'd like to pull the value corresponding to Portal User ID (Cookie) .

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@NathanDorsch I'd suggest using the Dataset via Email connector with the File Type set to "Email Body as HTML", then add the corresponding Domo email address to the distribution list for these emails. Based on the format of the tables, you may want to add the email dataset as an input for MagicETL to pivot the data so that the Portual User ID is a column instead of a row.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@NathanDorsch I'd suggest using the Dataset via Email connector with the File Type set to "Email Body as HTML", then add the corresponding Domo email address to the distribution list for these emails. Based on the format of the tables, you may want to add the email dataset as an input for MagicETL to pivot the data so that the Portual User ID is a column instead of a row.