Updating a User

Has anyone had trouble recently updating a user's email? I have SSO enabled and one of my user's emails changed. Usually, I just go in and update the email, and it's fine but now every time I try to do it I get a pop-up error that says "Error updating user". I was able to do it via the CLI but it's happened to me a few times now.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Best Answer

• savannaho
    savannaho Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey Ashleigh, I've seen this a few times if the new email matches a deleted user's email. We've also seen it happen lately if the user doesn't have some other attributes set (or if they're invalid). The browser Network tab might be able to give you more details on the error, or you can send the TOE from the response to support and we can investigate further.

Answers

• savannaho
    savannaho Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey Ashleigh, I've seen this a few times if the new email matches a deleted user's email. We've also seen it happen lately if the user doesn't have some other attributes set (or if they're invalid). The browser Network tab might be able to give you more details on the error, or you can send the TOE from the response to support and we can investigate further.