Filters not working

I woke up this morning to a lot of emails about filters on multiple dashboards not working.

I firgured out that the ones that weren't showing all the available options (broken) were filters that didn't have anything in the "Optional Group By" tab.

Was there a new patch pushed out by DOMO that makes you put something in the "Optional Group By" tab for filtering?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ASperry
    ASperry Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@Airbear
    This looks like something the Domo Support team would need to review. Can you please submit a support case by clicking the Support link in the top right corner? Please include links to the cards/dashboards where you are seeing filtering issues?

Answers

• If this is empty — then the filter will not show all the available options to filter on. Currently shows 3 out of 50.

Before it was working fine, but as of today — i have to go through all my dashboards and make sure that something is in the "optional group by" which doesnt seem very "Optional" to me.

• ASperry
    ASperry Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@Airbear
    This looks like something the Domo Support team would need to review. Can you please submit a support case by clicking the Support link in the top right corner? Please include links to the cards/dashboards where you are seeing filtering issues?

• Jamie
    Jamie Domo Employee

Hi @Airbear, I think as @ASperry said, Domo Support will be best placed to explain why the cards were changed.

However, in terms of what the optional group by does; if your Warehouse column conatins a distinct list, i.e the column in the dataset has no duplicates, then you wouldn't need the Group by in the filter card. If it has duplicate values, which I expect it is likely to do, then the Group by will show only a list of the unique warehouse values in the filter.