Finding averages based on selected ID (client)

The data I am working is at an asset level (example below) and I would like to find the average of all client ages accurately when looking at any segment of asset.

Client

Account

Asset

Client 1

Acc 1

Sec1

Client 1

Acc 1

Sec2

Client 1

Acc 2

Sec3

Client 1

Acc 2

Sec4

Client 1

Acc 2

Sec1

Client 1

Acc 2

Sec2

Client 2

Acc 1

Sec1

Client 2

Acc 1

Sec2

Client 2

Acc 1

Sec3

Client 2

Acc 1

Sec4

Client 3

Acc 2

Sec1

So for instance, assuming that asset levels Sec2 and Sec3 are of interest, I would like to be able to know the average client age for the clients who possess these asset (in this case which would be Client1 and Client 2).

Thank you.

Answers

• CFike
    CFike Domo Employee

Hi have you seen the FIXED BY functions in beast modes. This sounds like what you are describing in this case. Check out this article from the knowledge base: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US

Thanks

• COYirenkyi
    COYirenkyi Member
    edited April 2023

Charles, thank you for your response; however, I wasn't able to get the answer I am expecting from domo.

Any other ideas please? I am still very new to domo and still learning.

Thank you in advance.

• @COYirenkyi I second @Charles_Fike's recommendation using FIXED functions since they provide a higher level of flexibility when aggregating data. If you are interested in the average age by asset, start by creating a card that displays the Asset as a dimension so that your data is grouped by Asset. Then you can use this beast mode as your measure:

avg(avg(`Age`) fixed (by `Client ID`))