Domo Everywhere Editor Embed Cookie Issue

Hi,

Anyone having issues with the Edge browser. Whenever our users access domo embedded they are greeted with this button without explanation. I think this is to do with blocking third party cookies.

Tagged:

Answers

• LWalker
    LWalker Domo Employee

It's possible that the issue your users are experiencing with the Edge browser is related to third-party cookie blocking. Microsoft Edge has a feature called "Strict" cookie blocking, which blocks third-party cookies by default to improve privacy and security.

If the embedded Domo content relies on third-party cookies to function properly, this could be the cause of the issue. In this case, you may want to advise your users to adjust their cookie settings or add an exception for Domo in their browser settings.

To adjust cookie settings in Edge, users can follow these steps:

1. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser window.
    2. Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.
    3. Scroll down and click on "Cookies and site permissions."
    4. Under "Cookies and site data," users can choose to block or allow third-party cookies, or add exceptions for specific websites.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

@Lowell_Walker thanks for your reply. Yes the new Edge version even if third party cookies are allowed it still requires a gesture from the user to allow them via the storage api.

domo calls hasStorageAccess and if that fails it calls requestStorageAccess which requires a user to click a button to allow cookies.

Safari blocks all third party cookies.

I am in contact with domo support to find out when this embedding mechanism will not rely on cookies as mentioned here.

https://developer.domo.com/portal/52ozpgfra3lsd-embedded-analytics-in-a-world-without-cookies