How to fix hover percentage on 100% stacked chart

NathanDorsch
NathanDorsch Member
edited April 2023 in Charting

I have a 100% stacked chart… and the percentages are correctly displayed on the bars by default. However, when I hover over a value in the legend, it will show what appears to the be value of the Y Axis (expressed as a percent). So for example, Email should be around 2-3% (as displayed in the first and second screenshots), but is shown as around 10,000% when I hover over email in the legend. How do I get it to show the correct stacked percentage when hovering over?

Answers

• In the chart properties, your data label settings are likely using these two in the text section:
    %_CATEGORY_NAME
    %_PERCENT_OF_CATEGORY

You can use the same ones in the Hover Text Settings, so that they display the same.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • I have %_SERIES_NAME
    %_PERCENT_OF_CATEGORY

in both. When I use %_CATEGORY_NAME, I get the month date.

I'm not referring to hovering over the bars though… (that works - see screenshot 2). I'm referring to when you hover over a value in the legend. Is there a way to adjust this? It's really the only way on this chart people can see what the smaller values are…

• Is your y-axis set to a number? Or something else? Make sure it is set to a number by editing the formatting of the y-axis value.

• How do I set the y-axis to a number?

• oh, you mean up in the Y Axis value. Okay I did.. and nothing changed.

• I'm referring to up here by clicking on the pencil.

Then click on Format

Choose Display as Number

Hovering over the legend should result in this

• When they hover over the value in the legend, I want it to show the percentage - not the count. How do I do that?