How can I allow end user to "see all" rows?

Hi,

I would like to create a card that shows only 6 rows by default, but have the end user be able to choose to see all the rows (bascailly turning off the limited number of rows) without editing the card in the analyzer to see them. How do I do this?

Is there a filter I can set up to allow users to turn on or off the limited number of rows?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You could pull this off using variables as well as a window function to create a row count. To create a row count, create a beast mode like this:

SUM(SUM(1)) OVER(ORDER BY Start)

Change Start to whatever field you need to order by in your dataset.

Create a variable control. I would use a radio button control that says "Show All Rows" and have Yes and No as values.

Now create a beast mode that you will drag into your filters that checks to see whether it should limit the rows or not. It would look like this:

CASE when Show All Rows = 'No' THEN
    CASE when SUM(SUM(1)) OVER(ORDER BY Start) <= 6 THEN 'Include'
    ELSE 'Exclude'
    END
    ELSE
    'Include'
    END

Drag this beast mode into your filter and then filter to Include.

Now you can toggle with the variable control to show all rows or just the first 6.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You could pull this off using variables as well as a window function to create a row count. To create a row count, create a beast mode like this:

SUM(SUM(1)) OVER(ORDER BY Start)

Change Start to whatever field you need to order by in your dataset.

Create a variable control. I would use a radio button control that says "Show All Rows" and have Yes and No as values.

Now create a beast mode that you will drag into your filters that checks to see whether it should limit the rows or not. It would look like this:

CASE when Show All Rows = 'No' THEN
    CASE when SUM(SUM(1)) OVER(ORDER BY Start) <= 6 THEN 'Include'
    ELSE 'Exclude'
    END
    ELSE
    'Include'
    END

Drag this beast mode into your filter and then filter to Include.

Now you can toggle with the variable control to show all rows or just the first 6.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.