how do i sync salesforce activity data?

Looking to sync all salesforce activity data to domo to have a real-time dashboard on metrics for my salesteam. We log all activity under the contact object (calls, meetings, demos, etc) and it would be great to project activity x rep.

Comments

• Not sure I understad the question.  I'm new to Domo as well, but don't you just hook to the Data Connector?

You use your salesforce password and enter the API token and you should be good to go, and most likely be overwhelmed with all the data you will have access to

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@jakeszabo, did canioacaputo's reply help answer your question?

• Hello! 

I am pretty familiar with the objects in salesforce and how to get them to flow into Domo, however I am stuck on the activity/task reporting. 

My querires are continuously failing either for taking too long, referencing fields that it will not pull (unsure why it gives me the option for them), or relating too many relationships...

I am looking to pull in the following: 

Activity reporting by task creator and who it is assigned to. Subject line, activity status and day of activity (start and end). Do you have a simple way to accomplish this? Maybe I am getting mixed up with all the options...

Thanks!

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@jakeszabo wrote:

Hello! 

I am pretty familiar with the objects in salesforce and how to get them to flow into Domo, however I am stuck on the activity/task reporting. 

My querires are continuously failing either for taking too long, referencing fields that it will not pull (unsure why it gives me the option for them), or relating too many relationships...

I am looking to pull in the following: 

Activity reporting by task creator and who it is assigned to. Subject line, activity status and day of activity (start and end). Do you have a simple way to accomplish this? Maybe I am getting mixed up with all the options...

Thanks!

I see! Well maybe somebody from the community can assist you. If not, we can reach out to Domo support.

• @jakeszabo

I understand you connected with support. Can you take a moment to share your solution here once you're good to go so others can benefit from it?

Thanks!

Dani

• I have a similar situation, I am looking to pull data from Salesforce related to Activity Information. Looking into the Salesforce configuration i am not able to find any objects related to activity, just relationships tied to activity. Some how within salesforce, we are currently able to track all activity. In Domo i am not.

• I was looking into this i was able to find what i was looking for, hopefully it can help you. the salesforce object i was using is Task, you you select browse objects and fields in the saleforce configuration you can see the list of fields related to task. hopefully what you are looking for is here