How to simply assign a value from one variable to another?

thoffman
thoffman Member
edited April 2023 in Workflows

Hey all,

Looking to execute actions for a list of cards (around 700). l have already built a query that returns a list variable with the object IDs I need. I am now trying to get the length of the list in a variable to set up a loop. I know there are several functions availabe in workflows, but I have not found one that works well for this. Any suggestions @Zoolander?

Thanks!

Trey

Best Answer

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Answer ✓

thoffman, good question! There is a function in the Domo General Utilities Package called "getListOfObjectLength". This function is authored to accept a list of objects and return a count of the length. If you have a list of objects variable in your workflow, you should be able to map that variable to the input and get a result back.

Answers

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Answer ✓

thoffman, good question! There is a function in the Domo General Utilities Package called "getListOfObjectLength". This function is authored to accept a list of objects and return a count of the length. If you have a list of objects variable in your workflow, you should be able to map that variable to the input and get a result back.

• Thanks Zoolander. That function takes a text input. What do I enter for the value?

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor

That function can be mapped to a list of objects. Do you have a variable in your Workflow that's a list of objects?