Saving filters

We are embedding our dashboards within our products via an iFrame. The issue we are having is saving the filters that a user has applied to their dashboard. Is there a way to save this in some sort of json string so that we can reapply it when that user logs back in? Programmatic filtering seems to limit the overall dataset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• Currently there isn't a way to do it with embedded dashboards to have the filters persist across sessions. It's not currently possible in Domo proper. Programmatic filtering would be the closest you could get. My javascript/web development is limited but you might be able to track their filter options in the iframe and then save it off as a cookie and read the cookie when you first visit the page to pass those in as pfilters. This is completely theoretical. But as you stated pfilters will limit the overall dataset

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thanks! Your idea is a good one. I will give this a try.

• I have a page embed working in an iframe, but we need to track the filters the user is applying. How can I track the user's filtering options from within the iframe? Is there a way to access the payload being sent to public.domo.com/embed/pages/:id? I see 'queryOverrides' which contain the filters being sent. But I don't know how I can get that from outside of the iframe. I have seen that there is a postmessage that the iframe passes out, but this looks like it only handles 'notifyFrameSize'.