Question of how to mark or pass data for certain amount of records

so I have a table that looks similar to the following below.

What I want to do is to label each activity in each record for each property.

Only 5 different activity types don't change, but the number of records changes, so I cant count rows.

Best Answer

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @mhouk

I built a Magic ETL that will get you pretty close to what you are looking for

1st on your data add a column and name it "ROW" that states the row number in your data.

2nd open a magic etl and copy/paste the code attached

3rd connect your input and name your output

4th run it and review the results

your output should look like this (the highlighted columns are your original fields in the spreadsheet)

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @mhouk

I built a Magic ETL that will get you pretty close to what you are looking for

1st on your data add a column and name it "ROW" that states the row number in your data.

2nd open a magic etl and copy/paste the code attached

3rd connect your input and name your output

4th run it and review the results

your output should look like this (the highlighted columns are your original fields in the spreadsheet)

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • mhouk
    mhouk Member

First off thank you for responding! This is a crafty why i would have not thought up.

So I was able to input it with some small issues but I'm able to get output but it's not working the same way. The activities are not properly mapping to the choices.

I am wondering if I did the Join's Wrong or if when it branches with the filters…

I also want to mention that it looks like your output is correct but also not what im looking to fully achive. In this test case each record in between the activity represents a person. So each building unit is a record and will have data along with these three columns.

The Excel file i uploaded now shows what I would like my end goal to look like.

• mhouk
    mhouk Member

Just to update I had to make a different Row number to keep everything indexed I was working off using the rank and window by property but i made a constant and then ranked by the constant to keep the same indexing.

Thank you agian this helped me out alot!