Editing All Cards in a Drill Path

thampton10
thampton10 Member
edited August 2023 in Analyzer Ideas

Currently in Domo, if I make a change to the top card in a drill path, that change doesen't apply to other cards in the Drill Path. It'd be very useful if there was an option to apply any changes to all cards in a drill path at the same time, rather than editing each individual card.

Tagged:
4 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Thanks for sharing your idea! We're currently reviewing it for future enhancements. Stay tuned for updates! 👍

Comments

• LWalker
    LWalker Contributor

I understand your frustration with having to make changes to each individual card in a drill path in Domo. While there isn't currently an option to apply changes to all cards in a drill path at once, there are a few workarounds you can try:

1. Use a "master card": One option is to create a "master card" that contains all of the elements you want to include in your drill path, and then use the "Copy to Drill Path" option to add that card to each step in the path. That way, any changes you make to the master card will be reflected in all of the cards in the drill path.
    2. Use a template: Another option is to create a template that includes all of the elements you want to include in your drill path, and then use that template to create each card in the path. That way, any changes you make to the template will be reflected in all of the cards that were created from it.
    3. Use the "Edit All" feature: Domo also has an "Edit All" feature that allows you to make changes to multiple cards at once. While this feature won't let you apply changes to all cards in a drill path at once, it may be useful for making changes to multiple cards in the path simultaneously.

I hope these suggestions help you streamline your workflow in Domo. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask!

• @Lowell_Walker Option #2 usually works well for me, except for if I need to make changes after the drill path is created. Can you share some more details on where to find the "Copy to Drill Path" and "Edit All" features you're referring to and whether those are available to all customers?