Allow naming of tables in Snowflake with Cloud Amplifier

chrissweeney92
chrissweeney92 Domo Employee
edited August 2023 in Cloud Amplifier Ideas

Currently when data is added into Snowflake via Domo's cloud amplifier, it is not possible to choose the name of the dataset in Snowflake. It is named as 'DATASET_0001' etc. but it would be better to be given the same name as the dataset in Domo.

Tagged:
4 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• LWalker
    LWalker Domo Employee

While Domo doesn't currently offer this option, there are a few workarounds you can try:

1. Use a naming convention: One option is to develop a consistent naming convention for your datasets in Domo, so that you can easily identify which datasets correspond to which tables in Snowflake. For example, you could use a prefix or suffix to indicate the Snowflake table name (e.g. "my_dataset_sf_table").
    2. Use a Snowflake task: Another option is to create a Snowflake task that renames the table after it's been created by Domo's cloud amplifier. You could set up a task to run at a regular interval (e.g. daily) that checks for new tables created by Domo and renames them according to your desired naming convention.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

• JoshMillheim
    JoshMillheim Domo Product Manager

Hi all - this issue has been resolved, and when using Domo to create new tables in Snowflake those Snowflake tables will now reflect the name of the DataSet from Domo.