Calculate the number of Business Days in the current calendar year

I need help with a formula I am trying to use in my ETL to calculate how many business days there have been YTD. I was using this and it seemed to work, however, it is now returning a result of 1. Can anyone assist?

(DATEDIFF(DATE(CURRENT_DATE()),DATE(CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_DATE(),'%Y-%m-'),'01'))) -
((WEEKOFYEAR(CURRENT_DATE())-WEEKOFYEAR(CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_DATE(),'%Y-%m-'),'01')))*2)-
(CASE WHEN DAYOFWEEK(CURRENT_DATE()) = 7 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) -
(CASE WHEN DAYOFWEEK(CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_DATE(),'%Y-%m-'),'01')) = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END))

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@BonnieAnn If you are using MagicETL, there is actually a function in the Formula Tile that does this for you called DATE_WORKING_DIFF(). I'd suggest giving that a try to see if it works for you.

• BonnieAnn
    BonnieAnn Member
    Answer ✓

That worked like a charm! I guess I am used to using Beast Mode most of the time and that function isn't available in there. Thank you!

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@BonnieAnn If you are using MagicETL, there is actually a function in the Formula Tile that does this for you called DATE_WORKING_DIFF(). I'd suggest giving that a try to see if it works for you.

• BonnieAnn
    BonnieAnn Member
    Answer ✓

That worked like a charm! I guess I am used to using Beast Mode most of the time and that function isn't available in there. Thank you!