Domo Everywhere Embed Editor

Jones01
Jones01 Contributor
edited March 2023 in Domo Everywhere

Hi,

As there are a few ways of embedding this question refers to this way

https://developer.domo.com/portal/ed061f0c295c0-embedded-capabilities

Currently we pass something like this in the JWT token

{ "sub": "alex.lee@modocorp.co", "name": "Alex Lee", "customer_id": 1000, “groups”: [“a”,”b”,”c”], "exp": 1716239022}

but we would like to be able to pass something like this

{ "sub": "alex.lee@modocorp.co", "name": "Alex Lee", "customer_id": 1000, “groups”: [“a”,”b”,”c”], "exp": 1716239022, "siteIds" : [344,33,56]}

So passing a custom attribute called siteIds which can then be used in PDP policies to filter on a column called Site Id. The user would then only see those Sites.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I was hoping the new custom attributes beta might help.

UPDATE… so far i have it being passed up and updating my custom attribute which is a list of integers. The part I am unsure about it now filtering the data with this attribute.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Answer ✓

@GrantSmith thanks. I was hoping this could be completely dynamic so we wouldn't have the overhead of maintaining the groups in domo across multiple instances. Hopefully this is something that comes in a future release.

Answers

• Custom Attributes currently aren't supported with Dynamic PDP. You could configure the PDP based on a dynamic group with the new custom attributes.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Answer ✓

@GrantSmith thanks. I was hoping this could be completely dynamic so we wouldn't have the overhead of maintaining the groups in domo across multiple instances. Hopefully this is something that comes in a future release.