Dynamically Compare the Value of two periods

I would like to be able to dynamically change between two periods, such as in this forum post on the PowerBI forums, what would be the best way to accomplish this in Domo?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Dynamically-Compare-the-Value-of-Two-Periods/ba-p/1598967

Use case might be:

As a sales manager

I want to compare sales between two non-consecutive periods (ex. Jan 1 - 4 2023 compared to Mar 19 - 22 2023) using a slider slicer control for ranges of original and comparison dates.

To determine effectivity of promotion or explore data between non-consecutive and/or differently shaped date periods

I attempted using Beast Mode vs original but this results in both cards responding to the slider (undesired) and I would like to be able to calculate the difference ($original - $comparison = $result) as a single value card

Then attempted via Magic ETL to duplicate into a Date → Comparison Date Sales → Comparison Sales using formula tiles and experimenting with card interactivity:

I would expect that I would see $41,799,783 as my comparison $ amount below, but I cannot get it to work this way.

Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Separate variables would be a good use case here. Two for the stats and two for the ends and then just compare within a beast mode if the date is between what was supplied

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Separate variables would be a good use case here. Two for the stats and two for the ends and then just compare within a beast mode if the date is between what was supplied

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**