Remove answered questions from the list of unanswered questions

ArborRose
ArborRose Coach
edited August 2023 in Other Ideas

Why are answered questions coming up in the unanswered questions link? Can we get those removed from that list?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Tagged:
3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

We have fixed the unanswered questions link.

Comments

• @ArborRose It's because a post isn't considered answered unless there's a response that the poster accepts as an answer so that it has the check next to answered. So a post may have answers but not an accepted answer. Does cause problems with posters who don't mark a solution as accepted.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• @RobSomers - There's no intuitive button appearing for accept an answer. You have answered my question and I see links for Flag, Quote, Insightful, Agree, Like, Awesome, and LOL. Where is the accept answer link?

• @ArborRose It would be under another person's post. You should see this under other people's posts:

The person who originally posted the question would then click 'Yes' for the answer that gave them the solution and then the post would get a check on the board.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• @RobSomers - That's what I expected (for it to be under the responders post). But, as in this case….I don't see that anywhere other than your comment suggesting it should be there.

• @ArborRose I believe that option is only visible to the user who originally posts the question, which is why you cannot see that on other people's posts

• I am the original poster of this question but I don't see it on any of the responses.

• @ArborRose That's because this is an Ideas Exchange post. That option is only available on posts initated as a question, using the "Ask a Question" button on the Community Forums main page

• And yet, this ideas exchange post shows up in the list as if it is an unanswered question.

• AnnaYardley
    AnnaYardley Community Forums Manager

@ArborRose, thank you for your input. I really appreciate feedback that helps provide a better experience on the Community Forums. I am working with our support team to make this experience more intuitive. Thank you!

• AnnaYardley
    AnnaYardley Community Forums Manager

@ArborRose , we have updated the Unanswered Questions link to only show questions that have no answers and comments on them. Thank you so much for your help on the Community Forums!